Here are some common causes of injuries to children on Wisconsin school buses:
- Negligent Driving: Negligent driving by the school bus driver or another driver on the road can cause accidents and injuries.
- Poor Maintenance: If a school bus is not properly maintained, it can lead to mechanical failure or other problems that can cause accidents.
- Defective Equipment: If equipment on the school bus, such as the brakes or tires, is defective, it can lead to accidents and injuries.
- Failure to Follow Safety Protocols: If school bus drivers or other school personnel fail to follow established safety protocols, such as failing to properly secure seat belts or failing to stop at railroad crossings, it can lead to accidents and injuries.
- Dangerous Road Conditions: Hazardous road conditions, such as poor weather or poorly maintained roads, can contribute to accidents and injuries.
- Improper Loading and Unloading: If students are not properly loaded and unloaded from the school bus, they may be at risk for falls or other injuries.
- Lack of Supervision: If students are not properly supervised while on the school bus, they may be at risk for injuries from bullying or other forms of misconduct.
There is a statute of limitations is different for schools, governmental bodies and children so it’s absolutely critical that you meet with an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as you can.
It’s important for parents and school officials to take necessary precautions to help prevent injuries to children on school buses, such as ensuring proper maintenance and adherence to safety protocols, providing adequate supervision, and educating children on proper behavior while on the bus. If a child is injured on a school bus, it’s important to seek medical attention and consult with an experienced personal injury attorney who can help determine the legal options for seeking compensation for damages.
If you have questions about this article or if you would like to have a free, no-obligation consultation with an experienced attorney about your personal injury case, please call us at (414) 306-8999 or write to us using the contact form on this page.